EMERGENCY MEDICINE RESPONDERS COURSE
This training programme was aimed at providing the knowledge and skills necessary in an emergency to help sustain life, reduce pain, and minimize the consequences of injury or sudden illness in a pre-hospital setting. The course targeted firefighters, law enforcement officers and emergency medical services personnel in Cross River State Nigeria.
Fungal Awareness Day – 16th December 2014.
In collaboration with Professor David Denning of the University of Manchester United Kingdom, FHIND hosted a 1-day training programme on Invasive Fungal Infections in the University of Calabar Teaching Hospital Nigeria on 16th December 2014. A total of 72 doctors from various specialties were in attendance. Topics covered included:
- Burden of invasive fungal infections in Nigeria – Dr Akan Otu
- What are invasive fungal infections? Risk factors for the development of invasive fungal diseases- Professor David Denning
- Laboratory diagnosis of invasive fungal infections – Dr Ernest Ochang
- Radiologic diagnosis of invasive fungal infections
- Invasive Candida infections in critical care and their management –Dr Rita Oladele
- Invasive Aspergillosis and management – Professor David Denning